Spirit Strong

Stay positive, have no fear and you can beat anything!

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Two Down, Six To Go!

This second treatment was definitely better than the first. I only had to wait 20 minutes in the Chemo waiting room for my treatment compared to the 2 hour wait last time. My body still felt queasy later in the evening but I took the anti nausea pill early and then one before bed time and I was able to sleep through the evening. However I couldn't sleep in our bed and had to sleep sitting up on the couch to curve the nausea. I spent today at my parents and felt better so I did three loads of laundry, had lunch and took a 2 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon. I'm planning on going back to work tomorrow as I did before.

I saw the woman I've been talking to the past few times who was also going through chemo - Rita. She's been valuable to me for info, sort of keeping me informed of what is to come. She's been an inspiration as well. She was called in for her last treatment only after 5 minutes of talking to her and I felt desperate after she left because I didn't have a chance to ask her for her phone number. But then I thought, "I'm sure I'll see her again and I'll have that opportunity". Sure enough after the end of my treatment we saw her by the front doors waiting for her husband to pick her up so I managed to get her phone number. I asked her if she would mind if I could call her if I had any questions and she said, "I don't mind but I don't know if I would be any help". I said to her she's already been a great help for me. We hugged, she wished me luck as I did her and said we would speak soon. I truly believe our paths crossed for a reason and it would be nice to continue that relationship. She seems like such a special person. After talking to her I have come to realize how important it is to talk to other women going through the same thing. It's a comfort and reassurance that we can conquer anything and strength, hope, and faith are the key factors in this battle. Faith can mean different things to different people. For most people it's religion for me part of it is my Buddhist faith but a majority of it is my belief in myself. If I don't believe in me then how the heck am I expected to even get out of bed every morning? To believe in myself I have factors that help in this and the first is the love of my family and friends, second - music because it feeds my soul and makes me feel alive, and third - my love of life. I am truly grateful to have and be aware of all these because they are my fuel for my spirit and what keeps me positive every day.

Next treatment is scheduled for Feb. 23rd at 11:15 a.m. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home