Spirit Strong

Stay positive, have no fear and you can beat anything!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A year ago...

November 6th marks the date in which I found the lump in my breast - one year ago. Life was never to be the same for me again. I have not said this to many of my friends especially those who kept telling me it wasn't cancerous but I knew deep in my heart it was cancer from the moment I felt the lump. Your instincts tell you and as much as you want to ignore it you know you're right.

The past couple of days I have been thinking back to that moment and reliving the weeks which followed and my state of mind. I have never been so scared in my life. I can't tell you the amount of crying I did especially when it was confirmed it was cancer after the biopsy. For the first time in my life I felt as though I was face to face with death. Little did I know that in a few months time while going through chemotherapy I would "feel" the process of death.

From where I stand today I can say I am proud of how I managed to get through it all. I realize now I was given a second chance at life. My warning had been given and now the rest is up to me. I thank the Universe every day for my second chance.

Part of me still gets scared but I think that is natural. I have a checkup with the oncologist at the end of December and I'm supposed to have a mammagram done in January. It'll be stressful but I know I can get through it and just as my instinct last year told me it was cancer it also still continues to tell me that everything will be just fine now.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:27 a.m., Blogger String said…

    Congrats you have done so well! Amazing, what you have gone through-definately keep me posted -and especially right before any visits, so I can do some visualizing! I was just thinking about cancer and that 'knowing' feeling that all is not right...thinking about you, and here's a post about it! LUMPS BE GONE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home