Spirit Strong

Stay positive, have no fear and you can beat anything!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Halfway there

I received my 4th chemo treatment this afternoon and I can finally say I am halfway through my treatments. Four more to go! This treatment was delayed again. I was supposed to have this done last Wednesday but my counts were low again. To say I was upset would have been an understatement. I was angry having been told it would be delayed, I was angry at myself for not looking after myself better, and I was just angry at the world. I was frustrated at the fact my treatments were once again delayed another week. Once I allowed myself all these emotions I sat back and asked myself what went wrong and how could I take control of the situation again. I went back to regular exercising 3-4 times a week so it wasn't that. I could probably use more rest and the main factor was the fact I haven't been eating properly. I did some research about foods which build the immune system and had quite the awakening. I wasn't providing my body a fighting chance because I wasn't eating the right foods. So...in my eyes the Universe is once again giving me a smack to the back of my head and saying, "hey, looking after yourself means the whole package and that includes eating right!" I said to my mother-in-law today that eating right now means a healthy body in the future. I have to make changes now to prevent this from happening again. I know I do not eat enough fruits and vegetables and perhaps I just needed a rude awakening to get me to realize how important it is to look after myself. I've concentrated so much on my mental well being that I tend to forget about the body. I realize that now. I've learned a lesson these past few days. Message received.

Stay tuned, next treatment is a different type of chemo drug and is 3 hours in length. More info to follow soon.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:36 p.m., Blogger String said…

    I think diet is SO important, at least this is what I learned from a friend who had breast cancer 9 times - and who, whenever it reoccured went back to her totally clean diet. In fact, she pretty much stayed on it after awhile...others I know change their diet drastically for good results. Great to have learned that lesson!

     
  • At 8:58 p.m., Blogger sheryl said…

    May ... I'll be there in May!

    You're doing great.

     
  • At 1:17 p.m., Blogger Spirit Strong said…

    String,

    Part of me feels silly for not having enough common sense to pay more attention to what I was eating. Sometimes a kick in the head works. LOL. I've been eating more fruits and veggies the past couple of weeks and making sure I get the amount I'm supposed to each day.

     
  • At 1:18 p.m., Blogger Spirit Strong said…

    Now I have much to look forward to in May! :-) :-) Can't wait to see you my friend. xo

     
  • At 2:07 p.m., Blogger String said…

    I think diet plays a bigger role than most people expect. Two other friends of mine went on very intense doctor ordered specific semi macrobiotic diets to good result. They had blood work, parasite counts, and specific foods that they could not eat. These were women with life threatening cancers/auto immune diseases. They still look young, fit and healthy now. Over here we eat mostly organic and are very careful about our toxin ingestion! But hey you don't need a kick in the head, just a nudge! xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home