Spirit Strong

Stay positive, have no fear and you can beat anything!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Five to Go!

As you can tell by the title chemo went as planned yesterday. It was nervewracking sitting and waiting for the blood tests results but thankfully my white cell counts came back at 3.8. Was time a factor? Or was it the exercising? Hard to say at this point but no more slacking off for this girl. I did go exercising yesterday morning before treatment as a bit of "insurance" but also to bring my energy level up. I always find that after working out I feel like I can do anything and everything.

My mother in law came with me to my appointment. I'm truly grateful that I've always had someone with me for every appointment and to have the wonderful support group that I have. I was told that I should never go alone to any appointment. Not only for support but also to catch any info that I may not remember later. I felt the usual nausea later in the evening but took my meds and went to bed around 9 p.m. which is highly unusual for me. I slept through the night and even had a nap this morning for about 3 1/2 hours. I probably needed to catch up on my sleep from Sunday. I only managed 5 hours because I was so stressed about Monday. I'm so glad to went as planned and now I only have one more treatment left of this type of chemo and I start the new treatment in April. I'll have the names of the chemo meds next post. Between the treatment and all the meds I have to take it's too much to remember all the names. I know it's important to list them here in case there are women out there who want to know the information. So I promise that I'll have them here next time.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I asked Dr. Russell about the hair growth that I thought I was experiencing and hoping that I wasn't imaging. She explained that was highly possible. She said every person is different when it comes to hair loss. Some people experience clumps of hair falling out while others lose all of it at once. With those who experience clumps of hair loss it just means that hair was growing at different stages on the head (which makes sense). It could be that in my case the new growth was happening just when the other parts of my hair were coming out. She said I may find that the new growth will fall out after this treatment or it may not. I said to her it's strange how I've lost most of my hair on my head, armpits and "down there" but not on my arms, face, eyebrows, eye lids, or legs.....great...now that I've jinxed myself. LOL. She said everyone is different and I may not lose hair there or I may lose it with the new treatment in April. She said sometimes the loss could also just be the hair breaking off rather than falling out and I've notice that some of that happened with me. Interesting how the human body works for different people. I've learned a lot these past few months. I think more of us need to be more in tune with our bodies and not to ignore what it is telling us.

Next post...information on the meds, stay tuned.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:08 p.m., Blogger String said…

    Keep up the exercise, funny I changed my program to more cardio when you did, without realizing it! YAY!

     
  • At 8:33 p.m., Blogger Spirit Strong said…

    I really should go back to yoga as well but I'm afraid of my wig falling off. LOL! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home